My mother found this recipe this year and it reminded her of a fudge pie her grandfather used to make. It's not exact but for this chocoloholic it's good enough. ;)
1 refrigerated pie crust (I used Pillsbury)
1 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa
1 T all-purpose flour
3/4 C milk
1/3 C light corn syrup
1 T butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
1 C frozen whipped topping (Cool-Whip)
1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate. Flute edges. Place pie plate in freezer until ready to use.
3. Combine brown sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa and flour in a large bowl.
4. Combine milk and next five ingredients (milk through egg whites); stir with a whisk until well blended. Add milk mixture to brown sugar mixture; stir until combined.
5. Pour mixture into crust. Bake at 350* for 40 minutes or until just set.
6. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Cover; chill at least 4 hours.
7. Spread whipped topping evenly over filling; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cocoa, if desired.